UltraPlex Tutorials - Skill Level: Expert
How to access SFTP on your server using FileZilla
Why is it beneficial to use SFTP on your server?
1. Off SFTP on game panels there is usually a limit on how big the files you upload and download can be, this is not the case with SFTP using FileZilla.
2. Off SFTP on game panels there is usually a limit on how many files you can upload or download at a time, this is not the case with SFTP using FileZilla.
3. With SFTP you can manage files with your own text editor instead of being stuck with the one provided for you.
How to access SFTP on your server using FileZilla.
This tutorial was made for UltraPlex servers and while it may work on other hosts it also may not. This tutorial should work for all Pterodactyl based hosts.
1. Download and install FileZilla with this link: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
2. Open your game panel and go to the settings tab
3. Copy the server address shown and paste it in the "host" box of FileZilla
4. Copy the username shown and paste it in the "username" box of FileZilla
5. Fill out the "password" box with your panel account password
6. Leave the "port" box blank and click the Quickconnect button
You are now connected to your server through FileZilla, you can now enjoy the many benefits of SFTP!